Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm back today to finish what I started yesterday.  I believe we have reading in America covered.  I was especially happy to see all the fiction readers.  That's a big help to me.  I've been under tremendous guilt for years for not reading fiction.  Now I can let that go.  You've got it covered.  I don't know why I've never read fiction, that's just the way it's been all my life.  From time to time I get an urge to reform my ways and leap into fiction with a big splash, only to soon find myself back on the beach reading nonfiction.

Very little of my reading makes good dinner conversation.  I have a quirk that leads people to say I'm 'nosey' but I prefer the word 'curious.'  I have difficulty reading anything that doesn't include people, and those people need to head for cover because I will research them until I know everything it's possible to know about them.  I think that's called obsessive behavior.

My passion in reading has always been government and politics.  Now that I've put myself on a political diet I just read government related things.  I have to know who's who in Washington and every tidbit I can find about these people.  Reading government history certainly puts things in perspective.  There's very little in the political/government world today that hasn't been seen before.

After that, I jump around to what catches my fancy.  Right now I'm totally into space exploration and China as it relates to their space exploration plans, military capabilities, and what their role might be in a cyber war.  Currently I'm reading 'Cyber War' by Richard A Clarke.  It's important to check your resources when doing this kind of reading.  I believe Clarke wrote the hardback of this book in 2010.  It's been on my Kindle for a while.  I knew someday I would want to read it and apparently that time is now.

I have no idea what I'll be obsessed about next but whatever it is I'll be into it 110%.
_____________________________
I need to go for a walk now.  The weatherman tells me beginning tomorrow the weather is going to be wet and nasty.  It's been unusually dry this fall.  By this time it's usually rain, rain everyday.  It's time for that to begin.

Have a great day and keep reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment